I would presume this email "advocacy" comes from his personal and campaign email addresses and not his official city email address. I wonder if he mined some contacts from those citizens who send him and the city emails on daily basis to his office of mayor or at the city's official website? Now that could be an "advocacy" issue.
From: Mike Huether <email@example.com>
Date: October 22, 2011 6:56:10 AM CDT
To: Mike Huether <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Big vote coming up.
Good morning everyone. As you know, there is a major vote coming up on November 8 about the proposed event center. I just wanted to encourage all of you to vote of course on this important topic for our great city. I would also love to have you help get out the vote by cheering on your family members, co-workers and friends to also get out there and vote. The future of Sioux Falls will be impacted in so many ways by this decision. Job creation, economic development, quality of life and so much more.
If any of you want to get involved in any way, let me know.
Thanks for all that you do for our great city and yes, for me!!!
Take care and make it a great day!!
Here is my message to you blog readers:
Good morning everyone! There is an important election taking place on November 8th that will have a profound impact on the future of Sioux Falls. The question before you is, it the time right to build it now? When you go to the ballot box on November 8th ask yourself this:
- Do I believe the new event center will have an annual $40 million economic impact to the city?
- Will the event center operating expenses be totally covered by private business or will it need ongoing subsidies from the Entertainment Tax and the city's general fund?
- Can the city afford to take on 22 years of debt from the workhorse second penny sales tax that should be going to maintain and grow necessary infrastructure needs like streets, water and sewer in this economic downturn?
- Does the fact that there is no major tenant anchoring this new facility bother you?
- Do you believe in the promise of bigger events, more events and more conventions if we just build it now?
- Do you believe "If we build it, jobs and revenue will come?"