What is the anatomy of men behaving badly (no pun intended)?
- Some seedy immoral behavior is exposed by the media or by some woman hoping to capitalize on fame and fortune.
- They are caught and start plotting their response.
- They lie.
- When that doesn't work, they admit it.
- They apologize to the public and their families.
- They beg forgiveness.
- They seek treatment.
What are they thinking? Oh, right, they are not thinking with their brains. What is it that these men behaving badly have in common, you might ask? Here is my take on what I think these men have in common.
- They seek power and adore the limelight and the attention, especially from other women.
- They are enamored with power.
- They have an ego the size of Mount Rushmore.
- They have a strong self preoccupation with themselves and how great they are and they have to tell us about their greatness at every opportunity.
- Outside forces or influence do not necessarily intrude on their mentality so a grounding of their public behavior is absent.
- They are concerned solely with their own desires and interests.
- They have what I heard coined recently - delusional hubris. They have exaggerated pride and a self centeredness about themselves. They are great and no one can touch them.
- Their fall from grace is usually spectacular.
- They probably all had a dirty little secret(s) that they got away with and because of their delusion of greatness and self importance, it propelled their bad behavior to greater heights of risk taking.
Taking personal responsibility for one's behavior - too bad it's missing in the men behaving badly.